Privacy Act and the National Privacy Principles
Since December 2001, most private sector organisations in Australia have been required to comply with the National Privacy Principles (“NPP”) which are derived from the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
Collection of Personal Information
We mainly collect non-identifying information about customers and visitors to this website. However, in some instances we also collect “personal information” about customers and visitors. Your “personal information” is any information or opinion about you that is capable of identifying you.
If you wish to apply online for equipment finance or vendor finance, you will need to provide us with your personal information including your name, email address, and contact numbers. We may contact you in order to verify any aspect in connection with the information provided by you.
We also collect personal information when you contact us via email or via this website. There could also be instances in which other types of personal information are held by us in relation to you.
Use and Disclosure of Personal information
Any personal information that we collect about you may be used by us to:
- assess your applications for products or services that we may provide; and
- provide you with products and services.
We may also use your personal information to help us develop other products and services and to provide you with information about other products and services supplied by us or our related companies.
You consent to us:
- using your personal information to let you know about improved or new services, products or offerings from us or our business partners or to ask whether you would be prepared to take part in market research or customer satisfaction survey related to this website or advertisers;
- disclosing your personal information if we have reason to believe that doing so is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against anyone damaging, injuring or interfering with our rights, property, customers or anyone else that could be harmed by such activities; and
- disclosing your personal information where we reasonably believe in good faith that we are required to do so by law.
Access to Personal Information
If you would like to know more about:
- the personal information which we may hold about you;
- our personal information handling practices;
- gaining access to the personal information which we may hold about you;
- our handling of personal information about you,
you can contact us by phoning us on 1300 798 977 or writing to us at Team Leasing Pty. Limited ABN 12 130 240 443 of Level 11, 809 Pacific Highway, Chatswood NSW 2000. We will also provide you with a copy of this information for which a fee may be payable. You should let us know if you think that any information which we hold about you is inaccurate so that we may correct it.
We may request you to provide us with some basic demographic details. This may include your age, occupation, suburb in which you live, income bracket and other consumer preferences. This forms part of aggregated statistics of customers’ use of this website. We use these aggregated statistics to further improve this website and plan or provide for other services. Such demographic details by themselves do not allow us to identify you but we may be able to do so if personal information is also provided by you.
We share this information with:
- tradespeople who subscribe or may wish to subscribe as advertisers to this website;
- other advertisers and potential advertisers such as banner advertisers;
- providing information to customers about this website such as popularity or otherwise of particular features of this website and profiles of other customers who used this website and advertisers’ services;
- compilation, use and disclosure of statistical information and on site usage to our service providers (including market research companies) for the purpose of improving this website and sharing with advertisers.
You consent to us sharing such information to any potential purchaser of our business.
We use both stored cookies and session cookies.
Stored cookies enable us to track the visits made to this website via the IP address of your computer which forms part of aggregated statistics of visitors’ use of this website. We use these aggregated statistics to further improve this website and we share this information with our advertisers. You may adjust your browser settings to disable cookies being stored on your hard drive.
We also use session cookies to identify you as a current user and these are alive only for the duration of your browser session. If you disable or reject session cookies you may not be able to access and use all features of this website.
Where you provide any personal information to us over the Internet (including via this website or by email) we cannot guarantee that this be a secure transmission. If we use security features such as encryption we will let you know, otherwise exchange of information is not encrypted or otherwise security protected.
Advertiser’s Sites or Linked Sites
We do not have any control over the privacy practices of advertisers or any sites or other online services that may be linked to this website and you should be aware that any exchange of personal information with advertisers, providers of such sites or providers of other online services may not be secure or subject to the requirements of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).